We know you hate it…but we have to have them!
- Beds must measure at least 3 feet by 6 feet, but no more than 6 feet by 8 feet – handles included.
- Beds must include a mattress. Pads do not qualify.
- Beds must be designed with four functional wheels making contact with the road surface at all times. NO motors or mechanical assistance is allowed, especially nitrous or rocket systems!
- All beds will be inspected prior to racing for safety and/or mechanical issues.
- Racing teams shall consist of one rider and four runners/pushers.
- Racers must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- All bed racers MUST sign the Waiver of Liability and acknowledgement of the Bed Race Rules and Regulations before participating in the race.
- Theme or costume attire is strongly encouraged; however, you must be attired!
- All runners/pushers should wear athletic shoes suitable for street running.
During the Race
- Bed riders mush sit or lay flat on the bed – remember, this is not a surfing competition!
- All runners/pushers must be in control of their bed until it comes to a complete stop.
- Teams should not interfere or impede the progress of an opposing team.
- Awards will be given to the teams with the fastest times.
- All team times will be combined and a trophy (and bragging rights!) will be given to the overall fastest teams in three categories: Corporate, Student, and Open.
- Additional awards will also be given for the following:
- Golden Spirit Award – Best Bed Design
- Most Outrageous Bed
- Broken Spring Award, a.k.a. “the What Were You Thinking Award”
- People’s Choice Award